Features > Iams Sides With Hunters
Iams Sides With Hunters
Dear Dog Enthusiast:
You recently contacted us regarding our affiliation with the HSUS. We'd
like to thank you for taking the time to express your concern as well
as update you on a recent decision made by our organization.
The Iams Company will not be funding the Petfest America events with HSUS
again next year. We appreciate all of the direct feedback we have received
from the dog community and apologize for the frustration that this sponsorship
We have a lot of exciting innovations planned next year, which will require
our focused time and resources. As a leader in the pet industry, The Iams
Company is about educating all pet owners on pet health care and nutrition
- from the family pet to the active competitor. We are definitely pro-dog
and clearly not anti-hunting. We look forward to continuing our long history
of support of the sporting dog community and leadership in the industry
with innovative research to improve the health and well-being of athletic
dogs. We hope that we can put this behind us and focus on the future --
great performing foods for great performing dogs.
Iams and Eukanuba Sponsorships and Support of the Sporting Dog Community:
Other facts regarding Iams and past support:
- AKC Master National Hunt Test
- AKC National Gun Dog Championship
- AKC Pointer National Championship
- Brittany National Amateur Championship
- Canadian National Amateur Retriever Championship
- Canadian National Retriever Championship
- ESPN Great Outdoor Games
- Eukanuba Beagle Championship
- German Wirehaired Pointer Nationals & Specialty
- GSPCA National Specialty
- National Amateur Retriever Championship
- National Bird Dog Championship
- National German Pointing Dog Championship
- National Retriever Championship
- NGSPA Championship
- Official U.S. Gun Dog Team, 2004 National Country sports Fair, Northern
- Vizsla Nationals & Specialty
- Weimaraner Nationals & Winter Specialty
Again, we appreciate you sharing your concern and for giving us the opportunity
to respond. If you need further information or have specific questions,
please contact Consumer Care at 800-525-4267. We are available Monday
through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m. Eastern Time on Saturday. If you prefer, please email us anytime!
- The Iams Company is the only dog food company to support the Armbruster
Test, an international hunt test for Deutsche Drahthaars.
- The Iams Company is the only dog food company to financially support
the quail restoration project on the Ames Plantation, home to the National
Bird Dog Championship and for many years we have commissioned original
oil paintings by Ross B. Young, of the National Champion Bird Dog.
- We conducted the Iams Retriever Symposium for breeders and trainers
of retrievers and also support Team Eukanuba Seminars around the country.
- We support Quail Unlimited, Pheasants Forever, The Ruffed Grouse Society,
and Ducks Unlimited.
- We publish Care and Nutrition of the Sporting Dog, one of the only manuals
for hunters and field trialers.
- For over 20 years, The Iams Company has been the acknowledged leader
in nutritional research for performance dogs. We developed the only "in
the field" research study of pointing dogs and hunting performance.
Iams Consumer Care NA.
|PETA is a nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation.